Update 20th November 2020 – This artwork is in stock, please enquire via [email protected] for more high-resolution photos.
PURLING LONDON ART CHESS sets have been exhibited at Christie’s, Saatchi Gallery and the World Chess Hall of Fame. Many of these 1 of 1, hand-painted works have been the choice of royalty, renowned interior designers, art collectors and chess Grandmasters. Purling has collaborated with over thirty artists, including Sophie Matisse, Mr. Doodle and Thierry Noir. Every Art Chess set is hand-finished in London, England and can be made bespoke to your wishes.
This chess set was created by British-born fashion designer Zizi Donohoe. It features a striking colour combination of peach and blue tones, with clouds and marble-like patterns. The playing area spans the entire board and the wraps round the sides of the board.
Working from her Los Angeles based studio, Zizi channels an obsession with Old Hollywood glamour and the opulence and excess of the eighties, inviting her audience to enjoy an updated take on traditional luxury.
Praised by Vogue for the “elegance and timelessness” of her designs, Zizi has amassed an impressive global clientele of celebrities, philanthropists and real women alike, her pieces can be found at Moda Operandi and Galeries Lafayette Champs Élysées.
- Signed, hand-painted 1 of 1
- Boxwood, acrylic paint, lacquer, Italian Nappa leather, 18 carat gold
- Chess Board exhibited at Christie’s auction house London
- Chess board 55 x 55 cm (approx. 22 x 22″), weight 3kg (6.6 lb)
- Square size approx. 7 cm (approx. 3″)
- Chess pieces 34 hand-carved, triple-weighted, boxwood
- King height 10.2 cm (4″), weight 75 g (approx. 2.65 oz)
- Italian Nappa leather felts with 18 carat gold embossed Purling logos
- Weight of boxed set including pieces and board 6.6 kg (approx. 14.6 lb)
- Purling London branded packaging
- Hand-made in London, England
- Complimentary express global shipping
Learn how to commission a bespoke game HERE.