PURLING LONDON ART CHESS sets have been exhibited at Christie’s, Saatchi Gallery and the World Chess Hall of Fame. Many of these 1 of 1, hand-painted works have been the choice of royalty, renowned interior designers, art collectors and chess Grandmasters. Purling has collaborated with over thirty artists, including Sophie Matisse, Mr. Doodle and Thierry Noir. Every Art Chess set is hand-finished in London, England and can be made bespoke to your wishes.
WIllum Morsch is Dutch artist, illustrator and graphic designer based in Amsterdam. He mainly works in watercolour and digital media. As someone who is a chess enthusiast, he has created artworks on this theme, including these Art Chess Ornaments.
Hiding in plain sight´ was the idea behind dazzle camouflage patterns, invented by British artist Norman Wilkinson during World War I to protect ships from being attacked: their colour scheme made it difficult for the enemy to recognise and gauge distances.
The stark contrasting angular shapes cut across the features of the knight and merge together as you turn it, resulting in an image, which is eye-catching and unexpected..
These knights might give you quite a different view on art and chess, as they invade your opponent’s fortress by hiding in plain sight.
- Hand-painted 1 of 1 with signed certificate
- Boxwood, hand-made acrylic, lacquer, leather, 18 carat gold
- Height 15 cm (approx. 5.9″), base diameter 7.0 cm (approx. 2.7″),
- Weight 400 g (approx. 14.1 oz)
- Italian Nappa leather felt with 18 carat gold embossed Purling logo
- Purling London branded packaging
- Hand-finished in London, England
- Complimentary express global shipping
Learn how to commission a bespoke game or ornament HERE.