PURLING LONDON ART CHESS sets have been exhibited at Christie’s, Saatchi Gallery and the World Chess Hall of Fame. Many of these 1 of 1, hand-painted works have been the choice of royalty, renowned interior designers, art collectors and chess Grandmasters. Purling has collaborated with over thirty artists, including Sophie Matisse, Mr. Doodle and Thierry Noir. Every Art Chess set is hand-finished in London, England and can be made bespoke to your wishes.
“Chess is more than a game. If you consider that life is a game then Chess is like life. Complicated and simple at the same time. Everything is in chess: Sport, strategy, politics, warm and cold feeling, tragedy, error, joy and sadness, doubt and certainty. It looks like street painting and especially the Berlin Wall painting that started my life as an artist in April 1984.“
- Signed, hand-painted 1 of 1
- Boxwood, acrylic paint, lacquer, leather
- Exhibited at the World Chess Hall of Fame’s ‘Painted Pieces’
- Chess board 55 x 55 cm (approx. 22 x 22″), weight 3kg (6.6 lb)
- Chess pieces 34 hand-carved, triple-weighted, boxwood
- King height 10.2 cm (4″), weight 75 g (approx. 2.65 oz)
- Weight of boxed set including pieces and board 6.6 kg (approx. 14.6 lb)
- Purling London branded leather felts and packaging
- Hand-finished in London, England
- Complimentary express global shipping
This artwork is now sold. Please contact us to enquire about commissioning a similar design.