PURLING LONDON GAMES have been exhibited at Christie’s, Saatchi Gallery and the World Chess Hall of Fame. Many have been the choice of royalty, renowned interior designers, art collectors and chess Grandmasters. Every Chess set is assembled and hand-finished in London, England.
Our beautiful ‘Stone Chess’ sets are crafted in Italy from natural alabaster. Each chess piece is machined from the solid mineral, dyed over several days for colour and then highly polished and lacquered for a wonderful lustre. Each Knight is hand-carved and full of character. The satisfyingly heavy pieces are completed with a beautiful Italian Nappa leather felt with the Purling logo embossed in 18 carat gold.
The solid Italian Alabaster chess board is unique – with the natural veining of the polished mineral. ‘Stone Chess’ is presented in elegant Purling branded packaging, and is assembled and quality checked in London, England.
- 34 solid Italian alabaster chess pieces with natural veining
- Assembled and hand finished in London, England
- Purling logo embossed in 18 carat gold on Italian Nappa Leather felts
- 4 Queens per set for effortless Pawn promotion
- Italian alabaster board, 34.5cm x 34.5cm (approx. 13.5″ x 13.5″), weight 3.3kg (7.3 lb)
- King height 8cm (3″), weight 55g (approx. 1.9 oz), Purling Staunton design
- Italian Nappa leather felts with 18 carat gold embossed Purling logos
- Weight of boxed set including pieces and board approx. 5kg (11 lb)
- Luxury Purling London packaging
- Complimentary express global shipping