PURLING LONDON ART GAMES have been exhibited at Christie’s, Saatchi Gallery and the World Chess Hall of Fame. Many of these 1 of 1, hand-painted works have been the choice of royalty, renowned interior designers, art collectors and chess Grandmasters. Purling has collaborated with over thirty artists, including Sophie Matisse, Mr. Doodle and Thierry Noir. Every Art Chess set and ornament is hand-finished in London, England and can be made bespoke to your wishes.
NETTE ROBINSON is a chess player, professional jazz singer and artist. Modernist movements such as Constructivism, Futurism and De Stijl have been hugely influential throughout her artistic development. She is drawn to works with clean lines, geometric shapes and strong tonal and colour contrasts. This is evident in many of her works, including her unique paintings depicting famous master chess games that were exhibited at her solo show 2014 in Mayfair. She studied Fine Art with Music at Chichester, graduating in 2002, and from this time has been exhibiting in solo and group exhibitions.
This striking King ornament was inspired by the USA’s flag and is the perfect gift to celebrate one’s proud American roots. It can be purchased together with a matching King with the stars and stripes design reversed (available separately – please see ‘You may also like…’ below).
- Signed, hand-painted 1 of 1
- Boxwood, acrylic paint, lacquer, leather
- Exhibited at the World Chess Hall of Fame’s ‘Painted Pieces’
- Height 17 cm (approx. 6.7″), base diameter 5.5 cm (approx. 2.1″),
- Weight 160 g (approx. 5.6 oz)
- Purling London branded leather felts and packaging
- Hand-finished in London, England
- Complimentary express global shipping