PURLING LONDON CHESS sets have been exhibited at Christie’s, Saatchi Gallery and the World Chess Hall of Fame. Many of these works have been the choice of royalty, renowned interior designers, art collectors and chess Grandmasters. Purling has collaborated with over thirty artists, including Sophie Matisse, Mr. Doodle and Thierry Noir. Each Art Chess Edition is made in England and limited to 64 Giclée printed sets *
This Purling Art Chess Edition is designed by British artist Nette Robinson on the theme of the classic children’s story by Lewis Carroll ‘Alice in Wonderland’.
The original artwork for this Art Chess Edition series was specially created by Nette to be showcased at Chess Fest – a big chess festival held at Trafalgar Square. The theme of the event was around Lewis Carroll and another of his well-loved stories, ‘Alice Through the Looking Glass’, which was celebrating the 150th anniversary since its publication.
The board features the playing cards from the scenes with the Queen of Hearts falling down the rabbit hole. Her design also incorporates references to the story with subtle silhouettes of things such as the key, the Rabbit’s pocket watch, a teapot from the Mad Hatter’s Tea Party.
A unique new Purling bracket enables this chess board to hang on the wall as a painting for display and storage and ‘float’ above the table when in play.
We are currently offering introductory pricing for the first 10 Nette Robinson Art Chess Editions, which will then rise to GBP £3,500 / US$5,000 for the remainder of the limited edition.
* Plus 6 proofs
- Giclée printed limited edition of 64*
- Boxwood, plywood, Giclée ink, lacquer, acrylic paint, Italian Nappa leather, 18 carat gold
- Chess board 55 x 55 cm (approx. 22 x 22″), weight 3kg (6.6 lb)
- Chess pieces 34 hand-carved, triple-weighted, boxwood
- King height 10.2 cm (4″), weight 75 g (approx. 2.65 oz)
- Italian Nappa leather felts with 18 carat gold embossed Purling logos
- Weight of boxed set including pieces and board 6.6 kg (approx. 14.6 lb)
- Unique Purling bracket enables this chess board to hang on the wall as a painting for display and storage, and ‘float’ above the table when in play
- Purling London branded packaging
- Made in England
- Complimentary express global shipping
See the launch of Purling London X Nette Robinson Art Chess Editions at Chess Fest, Trafalgar Square.