PURLING LONDON ART CHESS sets have been exhibited at Christie’s, Saatchi Gallery and the World Chess Hall of Fame. Many of these 1 of 1, hand-painted works have been the choice of royalty, renowned interior designers, art collectors and chess Grandmasters. Purling has collaborated with over thirty artists, including Sophie Matisse, Mr. Doodle and Thierry Noir. Every Art Chess set is hand-finished in London, England and can be made bespoke to your wishes.
NETTE ROBINSON is a chess player, professional jazz singer and artist. Modernist movements such as Constructivism, Futurism and De Stijl have been hugely influential throughout her artistic development. She is drawn to works with clean lines, geometric shapes and strong tonal and colour contrasts. This is evident in many of her works, including her unique paintings depicting famous master chess games that were exhibited at her solo show 2014 in Mayfair. She studied Fine Art with Music at Chichester, graduating in 2002, and from this time has been exhibiting in solo and group exhibitions.
(NB This product excludes the small buffed boxwood knight shown in the photos, for scale)/
- Hand-painted 1 of 1 with signed certificate
- Boxwood, hand-made acrylic, lacquer, leather, 18 carat gold
- Height 15 cm (approx. 5.9″), base diameter 7.0 cm (approx. 2.7″),
- Weight 400 g (approx. 14.1 oz)
- Italian Nappa leather felt with 18 carat gold embossed Purling logo
- Purling London branded packaging
- Hand-finished in London, England
- Complimentary express global shipping
Please contact us to enquire about commissioning a your own bespoke Art Chess Ornament.