PURLING LONDON ART CHESS sets have been exhibited at Christie’s, Saatchi Gallery and the World Chess Hall of Fame. Many of these 1 of 1, hand-painted works have been the choice of royalty, renowned interior designers, art collectors and chess Grandmasters. Purling has collaborated with over thirty artists, including Sophie Matisse, Mr. Doodle and Thierry Noir. Every Art Chess set is hand-finished in London, England and can be made bespoke to your wishes.
“This chess set is called ‘Golden Path’. The Golden Path is used as a metaphor in numerous fields and has positive connotations linked with success, completion or fulfilment.
One such field defines the Golden Path as a series of questions and answers. In the game of chess, each successive move made by a player sets questions and problems for her opponent, whilst trying to navigate her own path to victory.
The Golden Path is also used as an image of an individual’s internal journey. During a game of chess, the player seeks to find the route to success by imagining and searching along many possible paths in her mind’s eye, before making a move on the board in front of her.
There are endless paths to tread in the game of chess, but of course, not all paths are golden!”
A unique new Purling bracket enables this chess board to hang on the wall as a painting for display and storage and ‘float’ above the table when in play.
- Signed, hand-painted 1 of 1
- Boxwood, acrylic paint, lacquer, leather
- Chess board 55 x 55 cm (approx. 22 x 22″), weight 3kg (6.6 lb)
- Chess pieces 34 hand-carved, triple-weighted, boxwood
- King height 10.2 cm (4″), weight 75 g (approx. 2.65 oz)
- Weight of boxed set including pieces and board 6.6 kg (approx. 14.6 lb)
- Unique Purling bracket enables this chess board to hang on the wall as a painting for display and storage, and ‘float’ above the table when in play
- Purling London branded leather felts and packaging
- Hand-finished in London, England
- Complimentary express global shipping