PURLING LONDON ART CHESS sets have been exhibited at Christie’s, Saatchi Gallery and the World Chess Hall of Fame. Many of these 1 of 1, hand-painted works have been the choice of royalty, renowned interior designers, art collectors and chess Grandmasters. Purling has collaborated with over thirty artists, including Sophie Matisse, Mr. Doodle and Thierry Noir. Every Art Chess set is hand-finished in London, England and can be made bespoke to your wishes.
This chess set by Nette Robinson is inspired by the colour palette of some of the beautiful interior designs being show-cased by contemporary designers of today. Featuring a stunning colour palette with metallic copper and peacock blue. As always, playability is of paramount importance, so there is clear differentiation between the two opposing sides. The Black side is painted with a rich metallic copper combined with a dark pearlised chocolate. The opposing side is a gorgeous pearlised turquoise with copper accents.
The unique chess board incorporates a simple but striking design using stripes of pearlised white, turquoise, chocolate and copper on the border. These stripes echo the lines on the playing area, which highlight the key parts of the chess board (Kingside and the Queenside, the long diagonals, crossing the centre and the demarcation between the territory of the Black & White armies.) This set would suit both modern and classic interiors.
- Hand-painted 1 of 1 with signed certificate
- Boxwood, acrylic paint, lacquer, Nappa leather, 18 carat gold
- Chess board 55 x 55 cm (approx. 22 x 22″), weight 3kg (6.6 lb)
- Chess pieces 34 hand-carved, triple-weighted, boxwood
- King height 10.2 cm (4″), weight 75 g (approx. 2.65 oz)
- Italian Nappa leather felts with 18 carat gold embossed Purling logos
- Weight of boxed set including pieces and board 6.6 kg (approx. 14.6 lb)
- Purling London branded packaging
- Hand-finished in London, England
- Complimentary express global shipping
We welcome visits by appointment to the Purling London studio in Notting Hill, London to view and purchase our games. Alternatively, we can arrange a video call where you can personally view the board and each Art Game piece close up and ask any questions. Please get in touch via our contact form below. Kind regards, Simon and the Purling team.