PURLING LONDON ART CHESS sets have been exhibited at Christie’s, Saatchi Gallery and the World Chess Hall of Fame. Many of these 1 of 1, hand-painted works have been the choice of royalty, renowned interior designers, art collectors and chess Grandmasters. Purling has collaborated with over thirty artists, including Sophie Matisse, Mr. Doodle and Thierry Noir. Every Art Chess set is hand-finished in London, England and can be made bespoke to your wishes.
This chess set by Nette Robinson is inspired by the colour palette of some of the beautiful interior designs being show-cased by contemporary designers today. As always, playability is of paramount importance, so there is clear differentiation between the two opposing sides. The Black side is painted with a rich metallic copper combined with a dark pearlised chocolate. The opposing side is a gorgeous pearlised turquoise with copper accents.
The unique chess board incorporates a simple but striking design using stripes of pearlised white, turquoise, chocolate and copper on the border. This echoes the lines on the playing are, which highlight the key areas of the chess board (King & Queenside, the demarcation between the Black & White armies as well as the long diagonals.
- Hand-painted 1 of 1 with signed certificate
- Boxwood, acrylic paint, lacquer, leather
- Chess board 55 x 55 cm (approx. 22 x 22″), weight 3kg (6.6 lb)
- Chess pieces 34 hand-carved, triple-weighted, boxwood
- King height 10.2 cm (4″), weight 75 g (approx. 2.65 oz)
- Weight of boxed set including pieces and board 6.6 kg (approx. 14.6 lb)
- Purling London branded leather felts and packaging
- Hand-finished in London, England
- Complimentary express global shipping
This artwork is now sold. Please contact us to enquire about commissioning a similar design.