PURLING LONDON ART CHESS sets have been exhibited at Christie’s, Saatchi Gallery and the World Chess Hall of Fame. Many of these 1 of 1, hand-painted works have been the choice of royalty, renowned interior designers, art collectors and chess Grandmasters. Purling has collaborated with over thirty artists, including Sophie Matisse, Mr. Doodle and Thierry Noir. Every Art Chess set is hand-finished in London, England and can be made bespoke to your wishes.
This chess board by Nette Robinson is inspired by a 1930s Soviet porcelain propaganda chess set “Reds v Whites” designed by sculptor Natalya Danko (1892-1942) and plays Communists verses Capitalists. The board was specially created to display the rare chess set at Christie’s for its Important Russian Art Sale.
For more information about this Bespoke Art Chess board, see our news story about Christie’s Important Russian Art Sale.
- Hand-painted 1 of 1 with signed certificate
- Acrylic paint on board, felt, lacquer
- Exhibited at Christie’s auction house London
- Chess board 55 x 55 cm (approx. 22 x 22″), weight 3kg (6.6 lb)
- Square size 5.6 cm (approx. 2.2″) (playable area 45 x 45 cm)
- Purling London branded packaging
- Hand-made in London, England
- Complimentary express global shipping
Please note: This product comprises of the chess board ONLY. For information about a matching set of chess pieces for this board, please get in touch.
We welcome visits by appointment to the Purling London studio in Notting Hill, London to view and purchase our games. Alternatively, we can arrange a video call where you can personally view the Art Chess board close up and ask any questions. Please get in touch via our contact form below. Kind regards, Simon and the Purling team.