PURLING LONDON ART CHESS sets have been exhibited at Christie’s, Saatchi Gallery and the World Chess Hall of Fame. Many of these 1 of 1, hand-painted works have been the choice of royalty, renowned interior designers, art collectors and chess Grandmasters. Purling has collaborated with over thirty artists, including Sophie Matisse, Mr. Doodle and Thierry Noir. Every Art Chess set is hand-finished in London, England and can be made bespoke to your wishes.
Michelle Hold was born in Munich and grew up in Innsbruck, Austria where she began studying architecture. She has subsequently broadened her artistic horizons, studying and exploring other genres such as fine art, fashion and textiles in Paris, New York, Hong Kong, Munich and London. She has worked with important designers in the fashion business and is credited as having designed and created new materials for them. Michelle is currently living in Italy and is following her lifetime passion of creating bold works of art. She is committed to demonstrating in her work sensitivity and subtlety in colour and tone, light and space.
This Art Chess set is entitled ‘Orange Challenge’ and was created specially for a client with a specific colour palette and and artistic approach to communicate vibrant energy and positive feelings.
“Take the challenge and align with change.”
A unique new Purling bracket enables this chess board to hang on the wall as a painting for display and storage and ‘float’ above the table when in play.
- Signed, hand-painted 1 of 1
- Boxwood, gold leaf, acrylic paint, lacquer, leather
- Chess board 55 x 55 cm (approx. 22 x 22″), weight 3kg (6.6 lb)
- Chess pieces 34 hand-carved, triple-weighted, boxwood
- King height 10.2 cm (4″), weight 75 g (approx. 2.65 oz)
- Weight of boxed set including pieces and board 6.6 kg (approx. 14.6 lb)
- Unique Purling bracket enables this chess board to hang on the wall as a painting for display and storage, and ‘float’ above the table when in play
- Purling London branded leather felts and packaging
- Hand-finished in London, England
- Complimentary express global shipping
This artwork is sold. Please contact us to enquire about commissioning a similar 1 of 1 design.