PURLING LONDON ART GAMES have been exhibited at Christie’s, Saatchi Gallery and the World Chess Hall of Fame. Many of these 1 of 1, hand-painted works have been the choice of royalty, renowned interior designers, art collectors and chess Grandmasters. Purling has collaborated with over thirty artists, including Sophie Matisse, Mr. Doodle and Thierry Noir. Every Art Chess set and ornament is hand-finished in London, England and can be made bespoke to your wishes.
LEONARDO FRIGO is an Italian artist and violinist who takes inspiration from historical literature to create intricate hand-illustrations in fountain pen with hand-made ink. Over the course of nearly a decade, he has been actively painting stringed instruments with themes including Dante’s Inferno and the Seven Deadly Sins. He obtained a degree in Art Restoration from UIA (Univeristà Internazionale dell Arte ) in Venice, Italy.
We are delighted that Leonardo Frigo has created for Purling London beautiful hand-illustrated chess sets as well as this stunning Art Chess Ornament, using his own hand-made ink.
- Hand-painted 1 of 1 with signed certificate
- Boxwood, hand-made ink, lacquer, leather, 18 carat gold
- Height 15 cm (approx. 5.9″), base diameter 7.0 cm (approx. 2.7″),
- Weight 400 g (approx. 14.1 oz)
- Italian Nappa leather felt with 18 carat gold embossed Purling logo
- Purling London branded packaging
- Hand-finished in London, England
- Complimentary express global shipping