PURLING LONDON ART CHESS sets have been exhibited at Christie’s, Saatchi Gallery and the World Chess Hall of Fame. Many of these 1 of 1, hand-painted works have been the choice of royalty, renowned interior designers, art collectors and chess Grandmasters. Purling has collaborated with over thirty artists, including Sophie Matisse, Mr. Doodle and Thierry Noir. Every Art Chess set is hand-finished in London, England and can be made bespoke to your wishes.
This 1 of 1 Purling Art Chess set was created especially for the NFL quarterback, Kyler Murray (AKA ‘K1’) who, as well as being a star on the football field, is also a strong and avid chess player. For the project, Purling commissioned Mr. Jiver (AKA Jive), an East London-based artist with more than 23 years experience in the street art and graffiti scene.
The design by Mr Jiver is inspired by the Green Light, featured in the novel by F. Scott Fitzgerald ‘The Great Gatsby’ , which is seen by the novel’s hero as a symbol of his hopes and dreams. Kyler specifically wanted his Bespoke Chess set to encompass the theme of the Great Gatzby’s Green Light; something which he himself has adopted as a positive symbol for motivation and inspiration.
A unique new Purling bracket enables this chess board to hang on the wall as a painting for display and storage and ‘float’ above the table when in play.
- Signed, hand-painted 1 of 1
- Boxwood, maple, acrylic paint, aerosol, lacquer, leather
- Chess board 55 x 55 cm (approx. 22 x 22″), weight 3kg (6.6 lb)
- Chess pieces 34 hand-carved, triple-weighted, boxwood
- King height 10.2 cm (4″), weight 75 g (approx. 2.65 oz)
- Italian Nappa leather felts with 18 carat gold embossed Purling logos
- Weight of boxed set including pieces and board 6.6 kg (approx. 14.6 lb)
- Unique Purling bracket enables this chess board to hang on the wall as a painting for display and storage, and ‘float’ above the table when in play
- Purling London branded packaging
- Hand-finished in London, England
- Complimentary express global shipping
This original artwork is unavailable to purchase. However, please do contact us to enquire about commissioning a similar 1 of 1 design by artist, Mr. Jiver.