PURLING LONDON ART CHESS sets have been exhibited at Christie’s, Saatchi Gallery and the World Chess Hall of Fame. Many of these 1 of 1, hand-painted works have been the choice of royalty, renowned interior designers, art collectors and chess Grandmasters. Purling has collaborated with over thirty artists, including Sophie Matisse, Mr. Doodle and Thierry Noir. Every Art Chess set is hand-finished in London, England and can be made bespoke to your wishes.
Mr. Jiver (AKA Jive) is an East London-based artist with more than 18 years experience in the street art and graffiti scene. His recent projects include a segment of the Guinness World Record longest graffiti mural on Jumeirah Beach commissioned by the Crown Prince of Dubai. Jive’s distinctive style is reflected in his chess set with a unique combination of vivid colour and masterful spray work.
- Signed certificate, hand-painted 1 of 1
- Boxwood, maple, acrylic paint, aerosol, lacquer, leather
- Exhibited at the World Chess Hall of Fame’s ‘Painted Pieces’
- Chess board 55 x 55 cm (approx. 22 x 22″), weight 3kg (6.6 lb)
- Chess pieces 34 hand-carved, triple-weighted, boxwood
- King height 10.2 cm (4″), weight 75 g (approx. 2.65 oz)
- Weight of boxed set including pieces and board 6.6 kg (approx. 14.6 lb)
- Purling London branded leather felts and packaging
- Hand-finished in London, England
- Complimentary express global shipping
This artwork is sold. Please contact us to enquire about commissioning a similar 1 of 1 design.