PURLING LONDON ART CHESS sets have been exhibited at Christie’s, Saatchi Gallery and the World Chess Hall of Fame. Many of these 1 of 1, hand-painted works have been the choice of royalty, renowned interior designers, art collectors and chess Grandmasters. Purling has collaborated with over thirty artists, including Sophie Matisse, Mr. Doodle and Thierry Noir. Every Art Chess set is hand-finished in London, England and can be made bespoke to your wishes.
Born in Militello in Val Di Catania, Sicily, Francesco Jacobello grew up surrounded by art and artistic expressions. These external circumstances have helped shape his art practice by simultaneously allowing for his own personal and artistic language to develop. A core inspiration behind his works comes from the personal connection with his environment, and especially the wish to immortalize expressions and feelings that draw oneself to people, places and situations. Jacobello categorizes his art within a new generation of artists who are influenced by the Italian Classics, but remain connected with the urban feel of contemporary practices in the present art world.
This chess set features is a classic combination of black and white pieces with intricately hand-cut gold leaf and is complemented by a pristine black, white and gold hand-painted chess board.
- Signed, hand-painted 1 of 1
- Boxwood, gold leaf, acrylic paint, lacquer, Italian Nappa leather, 18 carat gold
- Chess board 55 x 55 cm (approx. 22 x 22″), weight 3kg (6.6 lb)
- Chess pieces 34 hand-carved, triple-weighted, boxwood
- King height 10.2 cm (4″), weight 75 g (approx. 2.65 oz)
- Weight of boxed set including pieces and board 6.6 kg (approx. 14.6 lb)
- Unique Purling bracket enables this chess board to hang on the wall as a painting for display and storage, and ‘float’ above the table when in play
- Italian Nappa leather felts with 18 carat gold embossed Purling logos
- Purling branded luxurious packaging
- Handmade in England
- Complimentary express global shipping