PURLING LONDON ART GAMES have been exhibited at Christie’s, Saatchi Gallery and the World Chess Hall of Fame. Many of these 1 of 1, hand-painted works have been the choice of royalty, renowned interior designers, art collectors and professional games players. Purling has collaborated with over thirty artists, including Sophie Matisse, Mr. Doodle and Thierry Noir. Every Art Backgammon set is produced in London, England and can be made bespoke to your wishes.
Born in Militello in Val Di Catania, Sicily, Francesco Jacobello grew up surrounded by art and artistic expressions. These external circumstances have helped shape his art practice by simultaneously allowing for his own personal and artistic language to develop. A core inspiration behind his works comes from the personal connection with his environment, and especially the wish to immortalize expressions and feelings that draw oneself to people, places and situations. Jacobello categorizes his art within a new generation of artists who are influenced by the Italian Classics, but remain connected with the urban feel of contemporary practices in the present art world.
This one-off backgammon set features hand-cut copper leaf and is inspired by the rusty copper colour of leaves in Autumn and the gentleness of the first rain of the season.
- Signed, hand-painted 1 of 1
- Hand-cut Copper leaf, boxwood, acrylic paint, chrome hinges, lacquer, leather
- Backgammon board 59 x 50 x 4.5 cm (approx. 23” x 20” x 1.8”) weight 2.9 kg (approx. 6.4 lb)
- Backgammon coins 30 hand-carved, triple-weighted, boxwood
- Each coin 4.5 cm diameter (approx. 1.8”), weight 50 g (approx. 1.8 oz)
- Weight of boxed set incl. coins, board, doubling cube and dice 5.0 kg (approx. 11.0 lb)
- Purling London branded leather felts and packaging
- Hand-made in London, England
- Complimentary express global shipping