PURLING LONDON ART CHESS sets have been exhibited at Christie’s, Saatchi Gallery and the World Chess Hall of Fame. Many of these 1 of 1, hand-painted works have been the choice of royalty, renowned interior designers, art collectors and chess Grandmasters. Purling has collaborated with over thirty artists, including Sophie Matisse, Mr. Doodle and Thierry Noir. Every Art Chess set is hand-finished in London, England and can be made bespoke to your wishes.
“Autunno, my 3rd collaboration with Purling London was inspired by the season in which I was born (November 1970) seems a long time ago in human terms, but could be yesterday in terms of nature! I achieved the rustiness of the autumnal leaves by using copper leaf. Each leaf was individually drawn, cut by hand and then applied to each chess piece. There are no repeated patterns throughout the set, so this means that each piece is an original and unique artwork in itself.”
- Hand-painted 1 of 1 with signed certificate
- Boxwood, copper leaf, acrylic paint, lacquer, leather
- Chess board 55 x 55 cm (approx. 22 x 22″), weight 3kg (6.6 lb)
- Chess pieces 34 hand-carved, triple-weighted, boxwood
- King height 10.2 cm (4″), weight 75 g (approx. 2.65 oz)
- Weight of boxed set including pieces and board 6.6 kg (approx. 14.6 lb)
- Purling London branded leather felts and packaging
- Hand-finished in London, England
- Complimentary express global shipping
This artwork is sold. Please contact us to enquire about commissioning a similar 1 of 1 design.