PURLING LONDON ART CHESS sets have been exhibited at Christie’s, Saatchi Gallery and the World Chess Hall of Fame. Many of these 1 of 1, hand-painted works have been the choice of royalty, renowned interior designers, art collectors and chess Grandmasters. Purling has collaborated with over thirty artists, including Sophie Matisse, Mr. Doodle and Thierry Noir. Every Art Chess set is hand-finished in London, England and can be made bespoke to your wishes.
Caio’s artistic development has been influenced by the process of etching and his childhood memories of London and Rio. His works are conjured from his imagination and combine mathematical precision with abstract thought. He uses colour and form to express his personal response to the meeting of external and interior worlds. In this sense, the process has become a meditation, visionary in its merging of the spiritual and intellectual.
- Signed, hand-painted 1 of 1
- Boxwood, acrylic paint, lacquer, leather
- Chess board 55 x 55 cm (approx. 22 x 22″), weight 3kg (6.6 lb)
- Chess pieces 34 hand-carved, triple-weighted, boxwood
- King height 10.2 cm (4″), weight 75 g (approx. 2.65 oz)
- Weight of boxed set including pieces and board 6.6 kg (approx. 14.6 lb)
- Purling London branded leather felts and packaging
- Hand-finished in London, England
- Complimentary express global shipping
This artwork is sold. Please contact us to enquire about commissioning a similar 1 of 1 design.