PURLING LONDON ART CHESS sets have been exhibited at Christie’s, Saatchi Gallery and the World Chess Hall of Fame. Many of these 1 of 1, hand-painted works have been the choice of royalty, renowned interior designers, art collectors and chess Grandmasters. Purling has collaborated with over thirty artists, including Sophie Matisse, Mr. Doodle and Thierry Noir. Every Art Chess set is hand-finished in London, England and can be made bespoke to your wishes.
DS is an American artist, who grew up in the UK. His aim is to create visually attractive, mentally engaging art all wrapped up in rich colour and form. His mission is to improve walls, be it with art in a gallery and home, or on the street.
“Intense’ is a word I closely associate with the game chess and that’s what I wanted to illustrate in my chess board. The splatters of contrasting colours streak out across the board as if it’s the track marks from a previous bishop attack. A game played by unsuspecting assassins hoping you will mistake them for an Angel who has left you that ‘vulnerable’ piece for you to take.”
- Signed, hand-painted 1 of 1
- Boxwood, acrylic paint, aerosol, lacquer, leather
- Exhibited at the World Chess Hall of Fame’s ‘Painted Pieces’
- Chess board 55 x 55 cm (approx. 22 x 22″), weight 3kg (6.6 lb)
- Chess pieces 34 hand-carved, triple-weighted, boxwood
- King height 10.2 cm (4″), weight 75 g (approx. 2.65 oz)
- Weight of boxed set including pieces and board 6.6 kg (approx. 14.6 lb)
- Purling London branded leather felts and packaging
- Hand-finished in London, England
- Complimentary express global shipping
This artwork is sold. Please contact us to enquire about commissioning a similar 1 of 1 design.