PURLING LONDON ART CHESS sets have been exhibited at Christie’s, Saatchi Gallery and the World Chess Hall of Fame. Many of these 1 of 1, hand-painted works have been the choice of royalty, renowned interior designers, art collectors and chess Grandmasters. Purling has collaborated with over thirty artists, including Sophie Matisse, Mr. Doodle and Thierry Noir. Every Art Chess set is hand-finished in London, England and can be made bespoke to your wishes.
- Signed, Hand-painted 1 of 1
- Boxwood, acrylic paint, lacquer, Nappa leather, 18 carat
- Chess board 55 x 55 cm (approx. 22 x 22″), weight 3kg (6.6 lb)
- Chess pieces 34 hand-carved, triple-weighted, boxwood
- King height 10.2 cm (4″), weight 75 g (approx. 2.65 oz)
- Italian Nappa leather felts with 18 carat gold embossed Purling logos
- Weight of boxed set including pieces and board 6.6 kg (approx. 14.6 lb)
- Unique Purling bracket enables this chess board to hang on the wall as a painting for display and storage, and ‘float’ above the table when in play
- Hand-finished in London, England
- Complimentary express global shipping
This Art Chess set is currently on display at the ‘Radiant Gambit: Keith Haring and His Legacy’ Exhibition at World Chess Hall of Fame, St. Louis until May 2021. Please enquire via our contact form to enquire and pre-order it for delivery in May/June 2021.