PURLING LONDON ART CHESS sets have been exhibited at Christie’s, Saatchi Gallery and the World Chess Hall of Fame. Many of these 1 of 1, hand-painted works have been the choice of royalty, renowned interior designers, art collectors and chess Grandmasters. Purling has collaborated with over thirty artists, including Sophie Matisse, Mr. Doodle and Thierry Noir. Every Art Chess set is hand-finished in London, England and can be made bespoke to your wishes.
John has produced a this new chess set with a colour palette of metallic silver, black, white and grey. This is the first of his ‘Parallax 3.0’ series. This particular piece features a composition made from a close crop from a previous painting, allowing for perfect harmony between the artwork’s forms and the set’s function. The board and chess pieces have been painted using numerous painting techniques and features his characteristic bold tonal contrasts and sharp edges.
- Signed, hand-painted 1 of 1
- Boxwood, acrylic paint, lacquer, leather
- Chess board 55 x 55 cm (approx. 22 x 22″), weight 3kg (6.6 lb)
- Chess pieces 34 hand-carved, triple-weighted, boxwood
- King height 10.2 cm (4″), weight 75 g (approx. 2.65 oz)
- Italian Nappa leather felts with 18 carat gold embossed Purling logos
- Weight of boxed set including pieces and board 6.6 kg (approx. 14.6 lb)
- Unique Purling bracket enables this chess board to hang on the wall as a painting for display and storage, and ‘float’ above the table when in play
- Purling London branded packaging
- Hand-finished in London, England
- Complimentary express global shipping