PURLING LONDON ART GAMES have been exhibited at Christie’s, Saatchi Gallery and the World Chess Hall of Fame. Many of these 1 of 1, hand-painted works have been the choice of royalty, renowned interior designers, art collectors and professional games players. Purling has collaborated with over thirty artists, including Sophie Matisse, Mr. Doodle and Thierry Noir. Every Art Backgammon set is produced in London, England and can be made bespoke to your wishes.
Darren John’s primary concern as an artist is the value of creative imagination. His mission is to make tangible a sense of unchained creative freedom. His works are not paintings of places or events, rather the canvas operates as a window into the mind of the painter.
- Signed, hand-painted 1 of 1
- Boxwood, acrylic paint, chrome hinges, lacquer, leather
- Backgammon board 59 x 50 x 4.5 cm (approx. 23” x 20” x 1.8”) weight 2.9 kg (approx. 6.4 lb)
- Backgammon coins 30 hand-carved, triple-weighted, boxwood
- Each coin 4.5 cm diameter (approx. 1.8”), weight 50 g (approx. 1.8 oz)
- Weight of boxed set incl. coins, board, doubling cube and dice 5.0 kg (approx. 11.0 lb)
- Purling London branded leather felts and packaging
- Hand-made in London, England
- Complimentary express global shipping
This artwork is now sold. Please contact us to enquire about commissioning a similar design.