PURLING LONDON ART CHESS sets have been exhibited at Christie’s, Saatchi Gallery and the World Chess Hall of Fame. Many of these 1 of 1, hand-painted works have been the choice of royalty, renowned interior designers, art collectors and chess Grandmasters. Purling has collaborated with over thirty artists, including Sophie Matisse, Mr. Doodle and Thierry Noir. Every Art Chess set is hand-finished in London, England and can be made bespoke to your wishes.
“I am an avid chess player, so it was an easy “yes” for me to participate in this project.
Over the mushroom years I’ve developed various forms of these mushrooms including the Warhol referenced screen-print-style mushroom, which you can see in the squares of the chess board.
I believe in life-long learning. Our minds are the only barriers to endless possibilities and ideas. Hence my logo, EXPAND YOUR MIND® .
I am a great fan of the ideas of Richard Feynman in seeing the world from a different point of view. But, my greatest influence to date is probably Charlie Munger, including his; 25 standard causes of human misjudgement.
EXPAND YOUR MIND® was inspired by his ideas on developing a latticework of Mental Models.
Go check it out. Expand your mind…”
- Signed, hand-painted 1 of 1
- Boxwood, collage, acrylic paint, lacquer, leather
- Exhibited at the World Chess Hall of Fame’s ‘Painted Pieces’
- Chess board 55 x 55 cm (approx. 22 x 22″), weight 3kg (6.6 lb)
- Chess pieces 34 hand-carved, triple-weighted, boxwood
- King height 10.2 cm (4″), weight 75 g (approx. 2.65 oz)
- Weight of boxed set including pieces and board 6.6 kg (approx. 14.6 lb)
- Purling London branded leather felts and packaging
- Hand-finished in London, England
- Complimentary express global shipping