PURLING LONDON ART CHESS sets have been exhibited at Christie’s, Saatchi Gallery and the World Chess Hall of Fame. Many of these 1 of 1, hand-painted works have been the choice of royalty, renowned interior designers, art collectors and chess Grandmasters. Purling has collaborated with over thirty artists, including Sophie Matisse, Mr. Doodle and Thierry Noir. Every Art Chess set is hand-finished in London, England and can be made bespoke to your wishes.
CHEBA was invited to paint a series of ten over-sized rooks on the theme of the Northern Lights, exclusively for the occasion of Altibox Norway Chess 2020. Six of these ten ‘Northern Lights’ Art Chess Ornaments were presented to the participants of this international tournament, including the winner of Norway Chess, World Chess Champion Magnus Carlsen.
We are offering the 3 remaining 1 of 1 hand-painted ‘Northern Lights’ Rooks, so you would have in your possession an Art Chess ornament like some of the world’s top Grandmasters!
Please note: As each Rook is unique, your purchased ornament may vary slightly from the photographs shown. This artwork excludes the standard-sized / small Rooks shown in the photography for scale.
Photography credit of Magnus Carlsen pictures: Altibox Norway Chess / Lennart Ootes.
- 1x Signed, hand-painted 1 of 1 Rook Ornament
- Boxwood, hand-made acrylic, lacquer, leather, 18 carat gold
- Height 12.5 cm (approx. 5″), base diameter 8 cm (approx. 3″),
- Weight 440 g (approx. 15.5 oz)
- Italian Nappa leather felt with 18 carat gold embossed Purling logo
- Purling London branded packaging
- Hand-finished in London, England
- Complimentary express global shipping
Please contact us to enquire about commissioning a your own bespoke Art Chess Ornament.