PURLING LONDON ART CHESS sets have been exhibited at Christie’s, Saatchi Gallery and the World Chess Hall of Fame. Many of these 1 of 1, hand-painted works have been the choice of royalty, renowned interior designers, art collectors and chess Grandmasters. Purling has collaborated with over thirty artists, including Sophie Matisse, Mr. Doodle and Thierry Noir. Every Art Chess set is hand-finished in London, England and can be made bespoke to your wishes.
“The pieces make up the symbolic hierarchies upon which kingdoms rise and fall. But above king and queen, and presiding over their fates, the players of the game become the real masters. Taking a step further, like adding the layers in a Russian doll, further questions arise about the powers that govern our reality.”
Update 30th November 2020 – This Art Chess set is in stock at Bergdorf Goodman NYC. Please enquire via our contact form and we can put you in touch.
- Signed, hand-painted 1 of 1
- Boxwood, acrylic paint, lacquer, leather
- Chess board 55 x 55 cm (approx. 22 x 22″), weight 3kg (6.6 lb)
- Chess pieces 34 hand-carved, triple-weighted, boxwood
- King height 10.2 cm (4″), weight 75 g (approx. 2.65 oz)
- Weight of boxed set including pieces and board 6.6 kg (approx. 14.6 lb)
- Purling London branded leather felts and packaging
- Hand-finished in London, England
- Complimentary express global shipping