PURLING LONDON ART CHESS sets have been exhibited at Christie’s, Saatchi Gallery and the World Chess Hall of Fame. Many of these 1 of 1, hand-painted works have been the choice of royalty, renowned interior designers, art collectors and chess Grandmasters. Purling has collaborated with over thirty artists, including Sophie Matisse, Mr. Doodle and Thierry Noir. Every Art Chess set is hand-finished in London, England and can be made bespoke to your wishes.
Odusote is an artist who turns heads with his intricate, illustrative style. He graduated from Camberwell College of Arts with a BA honours and works predominantly in graphic inks, sculpture and metallic paint. His art has been exhibited extensively in London and his clients include collectors based throughout Europe and America.
“’Gold Melt’ provides a feast for the eyes and mind. Inspired by Greek and Roman mythology, the set is a battlefield. The illustrations and royal colour shroud the pieces in armoury whilst their tilted position depicts two opponents ready for combat.”
- Hand-painted 1 of 1 with signed certificate
- Boxwood, acrylic paint, aerosol, lacquer, leather
- Chess board 55 x 55 cm (approx. 22 x 22″), weight 3kg (6.6 lb)
- Chess pieces 34 hand-carved, triple-weighted, boxwood
- King height 10.2 cm (4″), weight 75 g (approx. 2.65 oz)
- Weight of boxed set including pieces and board 6.6 kg (approx. 14.6 lb)
- Purling London branded leather felts and packaging
- Hand-finished in London, England
- Complimentary express global shipping