PURLING LONDON ART CHESS sets have been exhibited at Christie’s, Saatchi Gallery and the World Chess Hall of Fame. Many of these 1 of 1, hand-painted works have been the choice of royalty, renowned interior designers, art collectors and chess Grandmasters. Purling has collaborated with over thirty artists, including Sophie Matisse, Mr. Doodle and Thierry Noir. Every Art Chess set is hand-finished in London, England and can be made bespoke to your wishes.
Fischetti is a London based artist who is inspired by light, speed and space. Her interest in literature, culture, physics and philosophy are evident in her work and she invites the audience to enter worlds of colour which shape, move and distort our perception of reality. Fischetti works on canvas, paper and digital mediums. Private collections include: London, New York, Los Angeles, Milan, Rome, Geneva and Shanghai. Three of her works are at the YueHu Museum, Shanghai.
The ‘Sun & Moon’ chess set: “The concept for this chess is courtship, love and seduction. Each move the players make is an act of seduction. It is intelligent, calculated, elegant, slightly fearful, heated, cool and overpoweringly sexy. The masculine energy of the Sun is represented in the gold and yellow hues on one side of the chess pieces. The feminine energy of the Moon is represented in the silver and blue hues. The meeting of the opposing pieces symbolises their sensual dance and spiritual union. As it is an interactive art piece. The physical appearance at the end of the game describes the eclipse in abstract form. It is different each time for every player.”
- Signed, hand-painted 1 of 1
- Boxwood, acrylic paint, lacquer, leather
- Exhibited at the World Chess Hall of Fame’s ‘Ladies’ Knight’
- Chess board 55 x 55 cm (approx. 22 x 22″), weight 3kg (6.6 lb)
- Chess pieces 34 hand-carved, triple-weighted, boxwood
- King height 10.2 cm (4″), weight 75 g (approx. 2.65 oz)
- Weight of boxed set including pieces and board 6.6 kg (approx. 14.6 lb)
- Purling London branded leather felts and packaging
- Hand-finished in London, England
- Complimentary express global shipping
This artwork is now sold. Please contact us to enquire about commissioning a similar design.